Yes, my experiment is more or less working – i have not opened skype, but i did check facebook a few times… but just a few scrolls. I am a bit tired, so i decided to have a cup of coffee and thus take a small break.
I have lots of pending blog posts, so given that this activity usually revigorates me – here goes!
Yesterday i sat in those chairs where i have always wanted to sit at the office, and i compiled a list of things i would do if only [ insert excuse here] .
If only i was [brave], [organized], [rich], [motivated], [etc] enough, i would:
( i started easy)
1. Install reminder app in order to get up and walk around every 2 hours in order to avoid atrophied muscles at the end of the workday
2. actually perform some eye relaxation exercises
( things start to get a bit more serious)
3. write an e-mail to a long lost friend – i would call it the Keep in touch program – KIT
4. read a book for 30 min before bed – preferably in a language other than english/ romanian
5. Spend at least 15 min per day just sitting outside ( balcony time counts)
6. Go for at least one 15 minute walk per day – good for the body and good for the soul
7. Exercise at least 15 min every day
8. Actually send out more than one job application per day – use the 1 hour before work to do so
( and this is where stuff gets real)
10. i would learn to dance
11. i would become part of a community (toastmasters, for example)
12. i would meet new people
13. i would make sure i look my best every day / i would finally change my hair style
14. I would save and go on vacation in an exotic location
( to be continued)