Immagination makes the laundrypole of facts the flagstalff of dreams
- The real problem is what to do with the problem solvers once the problems are solved.
- Don’t trouble the trouble until the trouble troubles you.
- Love thy neighbor, but make sure nobody sees you.
- We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars”
- If you can’t change things, change your attitude towards them. – Seneca
- If you can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel, you are looking the wrong way.
- In 3 words i can sum up everything i know about life: It goes on. – Robert Frost
- Nothing is impossible for he who does not have to do it. – A.H. Weiler
- It’s nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice. – Jon Cassis
- You haven’t failed; you have just found 10.000 ways that don’t work. – Thomas Edison
- When you do not succeed from the first attempt, destroy all evidence that you tried.
- “Răzbunarea cea mai cruntă este când duşmanul tău e silit să recunoscă că eşti bun şi el e rău” –Răzvan şi Vidra, B.P. Haşdeu
- “Nu te baga in taratze ca te maninca porcii.” – My History Teacher
- “What got you here won’t get you there” – LifeHacker interview
- “Good, Inexpensive, Fast – Pick two” – LifeHacker
- “Delay is the hidden form of refusal” – 3rd law of Parkinson
- “Optimism thinks this is the best world to live in; Pessimism already knows there is no better world.” – Oppenheimer’s observation
- “Countries and people will act rationally when all the other options will have been exhausted” – Law of Katz
- “To err is human; but even more so is to blame others” – Jakob’s Law
- “Those who have to travel the shortest distance to a point arrive last”
- “If A is success, and its formula is A = X+Y+Z, X is work, Y is play and Z is keep your mouth shut” – Einstein’s formula
- “The sum of the intelligence on Earth is constant; it is the population that is rising” – Cole’s Axiom
- “The world is separated in two groups: people who are right and those who are not. The first category separates it. ” – Cohen’s second law
- “Even cannibals are sometimes sick of people. ” – Turkowitz Hypothesis
- “When you want to show someone that a machine is not working, it will work.”
I like quotes. I always have. Just like my thesis-guide teacher said : if you think of something, chances are, someone has already thought of that before you, and has stated it in better terms.
So yes, i very often find myself in quotes. Probably because the latter can be interpreted in an infinity of ways, and one sees what one wants to see. What one wants to understand. And that is the beauty of quotes : figuring out what it is really that you feel, you want. And knowing that you are not alone.
Of course, very often, a quote about green shaded curtains mean just that – that the curtains were green – while one can understand that you don’t always have to go outside in order to travel. ( interpretation from the Romanian Lit-re class in high-school, copyright me)
There are some quotes that changed my life. One decision led to another, and, here i am. Happy.
– Don’t give up on anybody. Miracles happen everyday.
Nope. Hang on to the people you care about, give them a chance. Good people – good friends – are very rare.
– Learn to listen. Opportunity sometimes knocks very softly.
Yep. And it does not knock twice either.
– People are not weird. Some just need more understanding than others.
And it is the weird people – the different ones – that make life more interesting. So yes, i learned to be patient and enjoy. Analyze. Learn. Care.
– I am not confused. I am just well mixed.
It’s ok to feel different. It is ok to not know. It is ok to take one step at a time. It is ok not to have a plan. It is ok. But it’s not ok to not treat things with humor.
– Smile. People will wonder what you have been up to.